Monday, February 4, 2013

Spring Vocabulary 2

Cadence:. A rhythmic pattern
  His songs have a lot of cadence.

Dentifrice: A tooth paste
 I put dentifrice on my toothbrush every morning

Leisure: Freedom from demands no set pace
  I work at my own leisure because I am to boss

Saccharine: Resembling sugar
 This salt has a saccharine feel to it

Centrifuge: An apparatus that rotates at high speeds
  The earth can be considered a centrifuge

Sieve: A strainer
  I use a sieve to separate big and little pieces

Suffused: to overspread with or as with a liquid color
  I suffused the sponge with water and soap

Patronage: to control appointments
  The receptionist has a lot of patronage

Phonograph: machine that reproduces sound
  The phonograph industry has came a long way from the start

Vessel: to hold liquid
  This vessel my friend is a cup

Profusion: great amount
  The bank robbery lost a profusion of cash

No comments:

Post a Comment