Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Vocab 3

Proboscis - To have the nose of a mammal
  The whale has a proboscis nose

Pantomime A Dramatic Entertainment
  The pantomime made my mom tear up

Proclivity - To choose something normal
  I tend to have proclivity when I get something to eat

Centrifuge - To separate different liquids
  Oil and Water tend to automatically centrifuge

Odious - Very unpleasant
  When a skunk sprays it is and odious smell

Jargon - Words used by professionals but normal people don't get
  Dr. Preston has a wide category of jargon words

Ravenous - Very Hungry
  When I watch the food channel I become ravenous

Parlor - Living room or somewhere to sit down
  Almost everyone has a parlor in their home

Stagnant - No flow and tends to smell bad
  In some places around the world there are stagnant rivers

Cacophony - Harsh and bad sounding
  The music my sister listens to is cacophony

Tamped - Full of clay
  As a Kid in elementary school my friends and i used to dig until we got to clay the sandbox was very tamped

Flourished - To develop
  Flowers flourish during spring

Plateau - Area of high level ground
  From the bottom of the grand canyon the top looks very plateau

Rollick - To act in a jovial fashion
  On my birthday I am very rollick

Asylum - Place for protection
  A lot of the people preparing doomsday last year hid in their asylum
 

No comments:

Post a Comment