Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Vocab 1

   This is very late but I plan on getting the ball rolling!

Bramble - Prickly bush
    This scrape on my arm feels like I ran into a bramble

Imperceptibly - Moving in a way almost impossible to see
   That car is moving in an imperceptible sort of way

Musk - Scent given off by a deer
  That cologne has a musk smell to it

Minstrel - White person who dresses black
  That comedian is a minstrel

Stolid - Secure not going anywhere
  This Atm machine is very stolid

Grille - Grate
  I can't find the grille for my barbecue pit

Kerosene - Lighter Fluid
  I need more kerosene for my lighter

Ventilator - Anything that blows air
  People who have asthma may need a ventilator

Hypnotic - Having to do with hypnosis
  A magician will never tell his hypnotic secrets

Refracted - Reflective
  The mirror is refracted

Stride - To walk with purpose
  The speed walkers take big strides

No comments:

Post a Comment